Thursday, May 11, 2006

 

A Mother's Day Like NO Other

It's only a matter of time before I receive a phone call from my mother thanking me for the Mother's Day basket I sent to her today. Why so early you may ask? Well, I'm certainly NOT overly efficient. I'm also NOT passionate for early planning...not my personality at all. And if you think I'm trying to win mother brownie points...NOT.

This Mother's Day for my mom, her children, grand-children and great-grand child will be quite different because mother dear entered a monastery in January. She's a part of a whole new family of nuns who pray ALL DAY LONG. So in honor of my mom, I decided to provide a
Top 10 List on Why It's COOL Having a Mother As A Nun; What's funny is that I won't get in trouble because Sr. Camille Bodden has NO access to the Internet like she used to. ;)

Cue Drum Roll..
#10 - I now have 25 nuns who are my sisters(uhs).
#9 - I'm more interested in knowing WHY people enter a monastic life; before this it was "to each his own."
#8- There's always a SHOCK AND AWE reaction when you share the news with others.
#7- Not a lot of people can say their mom is a nun.
#6- I get prayed for, like crazy.
#5- My daughter won't get in trouble anymore (or sent to the principal again) for saying her grandmother. (the principal at my daughter's school is also a nun and questioned her when my daughter innocently state, "my grandmother is also a nun, Sr." "No she's not" was her response.
#4- I don't have to buy expensive clothes for her anymore...she use to have an eclectic wardrobe.
#3- I NOW have an eclectic wardrobe because mom took a vow of poverty and only wears black and white.
#2- I know where she is at ALL times...no late parties to worry about. Although she never went out at night anyway; she's certainly can't now.
#1- Maybe, just maybe, her prayers for the world will work to make it a better place.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All Rights Reserved ©2004-2006 Copyright Amy Bowllan Site Meter