Thursday, March 23, 2006

 

When The Unexpected Happens

I don't think I've ever cried while reading a blog post. Now don't get me wrong. I've come close and I've been moved beyond words. But after reading a post at Amy Loves Books tonight...well, the rest is history.
Amy writes a heartfelt letter to and about her 9 year son and it the most touching piece I've read in a long time. Here's a small section from Amy's post entitled, TO MY SON, "I've been frightened for you, sitting in the ER while you got shots or x-rays or stitches. Once, you were hospitalized for pneumonia and I crawled into your oxygen tent and curled up like a cat until my body fit inside the metal hospital crib, just so I could be where I could touch you."

Pull heartstrings whydontcha.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All Rights Reserved ©2004-2006 Copyright Amy Bowllan Site Meter