Thursday, November 24, 2005

 

Giving Thanks Today

The role parents play in the lives of their children is what I'm grateful for today.

It's no surprise that my mom has decided to join a monastery. She's also written me several letters recently about her spiritual experiences. So while today is a little difficult for me, I'm finding my mom is on an amazing journey of self-exploration. I don't know why she's choosing now to put on her explorer's cap; but who am I to judge.

On another note, I'm in the process of preparing a hands-on workshop for parents for our school's first ever, TECHNIGHT. I'm thrilled because it will give me an opportunity to share the Wonders of the Web and connect what parents need to know about the online world.

Being in schools, we rarely get a chance to interact with parents on a level of interaction. This is not to negate the importance of parent conferences and back-to-school nights. But there's something special about conducting an educational, technology seminar for parents to actually learn and come away with tools to use.

I'd be VERY grateful if readers could provide me with suggestions on what they think parents should know about "technology in education". Are there sites out there that every parent should know about? My research is through my eyes and I gladly welcome your input and ideas.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All Rights Reserved ©2004-2006 Copyright Amy Bowllan Site Meter