Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

How's This For Being Just Plain DUMB

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm just naive or, you fill in the blank. But my comment sections have been spammed beyond belief. I've gotten these VERY positive "I like your blog" comments. The worst part of it is, initially, I didn't know it was spam...duuhh. And how's this...I actually responded to a few. Shame on me!

But thanks to Susan at Adventures in Educational Blogging I've been given great instructions on how to limit the "fraud readers." She writes...

Blogger has added protection in the form of word verification. Hopefully that will greatly reduce this problem. Word verification is very easy to activate. In the settings pane of the Blogger Dashboard, go to the Comments section. Scroll down to the option that reads

Show word verification for comments?


Thanks Susan for helping me open up my egocentric eyes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All Rights Reserved ©2004-2006 Copyright Amy Bowllan Site Meter