Monday, September 12, 2005

 

Try To Explain Death to a 5 Year OLD

My 5 year old daughter has been COMPLETELY STRESSED about the issue of death lately and frankly, I have NO clue on how to handle it. I hope it's a phase. Anyway, today she said something to me that I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. As she's crying about the idea of death (while bathing I might add) she states in horror the following:

MOM?!!! WHEN YOU DIE YOU DON'T GET TO EAT!!!!!!!!!

Maybe in my next life I'll be able to give a better answer instead of my own analogy of..."well dear, the leaves on the trees go through stages; like people." Schools need to take this issue of death up so us parents can save our heart strings a bit. Although I think this death issue was probably my fault since I've been obsessed with the Katrina aftermath (Kids hear everything). Where's Dr. Phil when you need him?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All Rights Reserved ©2004-2006 Copyright Amy Bowllan Site Meter