Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

Summer Blues

With all of the bad news happening around us, and in the world, it has really put me in a bit of a funk.

Andrea Elliott and Janon Fisher (from the NYTimes) reported on a grieving mother speaking at a press conference over the loss of her daughter from a drunk driving accident this past weekend. They reported the following scenario...

"As I crawled out of the car, the only thing that was left of Kate was her head," said Ms. Flynn, 36, her voice cracking as her mother-in-law, who sat in the audience, began to sob. "And I took her, just that, and sat on the side of the Meadowbrook and watched at the horrendousness going on around me.

"I sat there for about an hour with her as they cut my entire family out of this crushed tin can," said Ms. Flynn, who lives in Lido Beach. "It was brutal, and I hope that it is as brutal for you all as it was for me. I want everybody to know that. I want everyone to feel our pain and know our sadness."


The grief is probably more than words and I do express my sympathies to Jennifer Flynn and her family

But today reading about how Steve Jobs phoned a grieving father after his son was killed for not giving up his iPod to some thugs made me feel a little better. That must have meant a great deal for the dad. It won't bring his son back. But when pain is shared, it lessens the sting for the moment at least.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All Rights Reserved ©2004-2006 Copyright Amy Bowllan Site Meter