Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

Reading, Reading and More Reading

You'll always find these really neat activities for younger students to get them into reading. But for our older students, the puppet shows don't work anymore. This came to me after I saw one of my students yesterday coming out of the bookstore with that look of "IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG SUMMER READING." I've required my broadcast journalism seniors to read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell for the summer and it's a great book (not boring).

So if you have cool tips for parents on how to encourage older students to tackle their summer enrichment reading lists, please leave comments for me at the SLJ Virtual Summit Blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All Rights Reserved ©2004-2006 Copyright Amy Bowllan Site Meter