Sunday, May 29, 2005

 

Straight From The Queen's Keys

Chess in schools has definitely been something I've been an advocate for over the past couple of years. I just see how much my own two children have benefited from learning how to think critically and to broaden their sense of Big Picture Thinking. When you play chess, you have to think outside the box. You really learn those real world strategies. Now, don't get me wrong, my two are typical kids and have their good days and bad. But overall, exposing them to chess has certainly enhanced their academic abilities.

Chess Grandmaster Susan Polgar, (who I've written about in the past) was the first woman to break the gender barrier in chess, is a 4-time World Chess Champion and a 5-time Olympic Champion and now she has entered the chess blogosphere talking to her fans from all over the globe.

She writes..."Politicians talk about the importance of education, and as a parent, I totally agree. That is why we need to do more to help our children succeed in school and in life. Chess can give a big boost to children."

I guess, that's why I haven't written in a couple of days. I'm too busy following her blog. She has really jumped right in. Congratulations Susan!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All Rights Reserved ©2004-2006 Copyright Amy Bowllan Site Meter