Friday, February 04, 2005

 

For The Love Of Reading

You are probably wondering what happened to ebooks from the New York Public Library I was attempting to read. Well the answer is NOTHING. I haven't read them since winter break and by now the allocated time has run out. Not to fear; I will pick the ebook project back up soon (famous last words). Why do I bring this up? Well yesterday a student said to me I HATE READING and it really bothered me. I am determined to figure out a way to encourage him to pick up the "habit of reading." I will let you know how it goes. Meanwhile, just because my ebook craze didn't take off doesn't mean I haven't been reading. A must read is Malcolm Gladwell's Blink book. Maybe I will introduce the student who HATES READING to some of the clever concepts Gladwell uncovers. Sometimes students need to find that one line in a book that hooks. They also may not want to start at the beginning necessarily. Wherever they start....they should ultimately find the love of reading

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All Rights Reserved ©2004-2006 Copyright Amy Bowllan Site Meter